So, here’s the recipe for my favorite White Chicken Chili (from Bush’s Beans)
- Prep: 10 Minutes
- Cook: 20 Minutes
- Total: 30 Minutes
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 (16 ounce) cans BUSH’S® Great Northern Beans
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken breast
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese (optional)
- Sour cream (optional)
- Salsa (optional)
- In large skillet, cook onion in oil for 4 minutes or until transparent. Add chiles, flour and cumin; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add beans and chicken broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken; cook until hot.
- Garnish with cheese, sour cream and salsa, if desired. Here’s the link if I missed anything: http://recipes.bushbeans.com/recipe/146459/-.aspx?cid=bush_beans
Unfortunately, last night I was out of cumin! How does that happen??? I also was NOT going back to the store. I just couldn’t. So I made do with some chili powder, garlic powder and smoked paprika. It was good…not the same, obviously, but tasty none the less. Always find a way to avoid going to the store at 7:30 at night.
We topped ours with salsas and crumbled corn bread. YUM O. Even though it wasn’t what I originally planned, it all worked out in the end.